I'm Marissa Bracke. I could be, and have been, described as many things, but I think the best phrase to sum it all up is a Digital Business Strategist.
When I first started in business a little over eight years ago, I called myself a Can-Do-Ologist. That's still one of my favorites.
You can just call me Marissa.
About My Work
I provide Digital Business Strategy + Implementation services for business owners who prefer pragmatism over platitudes.
My clients are purpose-driven solo and micro entrepreneurs who want to build profitable, sustainable digital businesses that support their vision and their bottom line.
With a uniquely broad perspective bridging expertise in marketing, strategy, and tech,
I advise with practical specifics while maintaining a view of how those specifics affect the whole.
And by seamlessly merging implementation services with consultancy services,
I’m able to both advise and implement alongside my clients, offering a more robust all-in-one collaboration to the solo and micro entrepreneurs who previously had only the option of seeking out multiple service providers.
I’m also a Certified Digital Marketing Professional,
carrying certifications across eight core disciplines: customer value optimization, customer acquisition, content marketing, email marketing, social media, search marketing, data and analytics, and optimization and testing.
(In other words, I study my field vigorously, expand my expertise ambitiously and consistently, and am endlessly fascinated by the world of digital business. You want to talk shop? Count me in.)
I take my work seriously. I do not however, take myself seriously.
I like to work with others who feel similarly. Life is too short to do otherwise.
Photo above: Kai is wearing bacon, Nick is devouring the bacon, and I'm disguised in googly eyes (while forgetting to take off my nametag – so much for a life of crime!) so I can make off with an armload of money, all while a bear wearing tinsel observes. So, you know, standard business conference stuff.
Facts About Me
In case I'm ever the topic of a Jeopardy! category, YOU will be ready.
- I love traveling and have been as far as Australia (twice). I'm especially partial to mountains, waterfalls, and the American Southwest.
- My “vice presidents” are my dogs, Pete and Arthur.
- In the years between SNL famous and Late Night television famous, I had (a very brief) coffee with Jimmy Fallon.
- I'm an attorney (not currently practicing). As such, I have the privilege of volunteering as a Judge with my county's Teen Court program. It is one of the best experiences I've had in my life, and I've proudly served in the position for over 10 years.
- Thanks to a book I read every time I went to my grandparents' house as a child, I have a strong affinity for gnomes, and have many scattered throughout my home and office.
- After becoming lactose intolerant a few years ago, I discovered not only do I not miss cheese, I love pizza without cheese far more than I ever did with it. (And former me would have declared that blasphemy.)
Get the occasional Letter from Marissa
Featuring pragmatic perspectives on business & life ponderables