A client recently asked me, “How do I remove or edit products in my Amazon affiliate store (aStore)?” And I realized that a quick post on the topic might be helpful, because editing and removing products in your Amazon aStore is really easy once you know where to look. But figuring out where to look is a little tricky, as Amazon’s done a fine job making it quite unintuitive.
How to edit and/or remove products from your Amazon aStore
1. Log in to your Amazon affiliate account at https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/
2. Make sure you choose the correct tracking ID, if you have more than one, in the “Signed in as” dropdown menu, which is in the lefthand column after login.
3. Click on the aStore tab.
4. You’ll be on the Manage your aStores page. Click the Edit button beside the name of the store.
5. In the “Drag and Drop” window that shows up, click on the name of the category where your product (the one you want to edit or remove) is located.
6. You’ll see a grey box that says “Edit Category Page,” and in that box, there’s a yellow button that says “Add Products.” Click that.
7. As the button suggested, this is the page where you can add new products to the store. But (surprise!) this is also where you can remove and edit previously added products. There’s a grey box titled “Added Products,” with thumbnail images of your store’s products. Click on the image of the product you want to remove.
8. A popup window titled “Edit Product Settings” appears. In the lower right is a button that says “Remove.” Click that. Voila — your product will be removed from your store.
9. Note: In that same popup window is where you can add or edit the product description, if you want to do that. You just add or edit the description and then click the “Save button” in the lower left of the “Edit Product Settings” popup window.
10. Note #2: After you make those changes, they will be reflected in your store widget without you having to do anything additional.
If you don’t yet have an Amazon aStore
If you haven’t set up an Amazon affiliate store, here’s a video that will walk you through the creating the store, adding products, and setting up a store page on your WordPress website.
As is the case with many techy things, the first time you do this it might take a bit of trial & error to get the hang of it and to get it looking the way you like, but each time after that will be a little faster and easier.