I’m Marissa Bracke. I could be, and have been, described as many things, but I think the best phrase to sum it all up is a Digital Business Strategist.
When I first started in business a little over eight years ago, I called myself a Can-Do-Ologist. That’s still one of my favorites.
You can just call me Marissa.
About My Work
I provide Digital Business Strategy + Implementation services for business owners who prefer pragmatism over platitudes.
My clients are purpose-driven solo and micro entrepreneurs who want to build profitable, sustainable digital businesses that support their vision and their bottom line.
With a uniquely broad perspective bridging expertise in marketing, strategy, and tech,
I advise with practical specifics while maintaining a view of how those specifics affect the whole.
And by seamlessly merging implementation services with consultancy services,
I’m able to both advise and implement alongside my clients, offering a more robust all-in-one collaboration to the solo and micro entrepreneurs who previously had only the option of seeking out multiple service providers.
I’m also a Certified Digital Marketing Professional,
carrying certifications across eight core disciplines: customer value optimization, customer acquisition, content marketing, email marketing, social media, search marketing, data and analytics, and optimization and testing.
(In other words, I study my field vigorously, expand my expertise ambitiously and consistently, and am endlessly fascinated by the world of digital business. You want to talk shop? Count me in.)
I take my work seriously. I do not however, take myself seriously.
I like to work with others who feel similarly. Life is too short to do otherwise.
Photo above: Kai is wearing bacon, Nick is devouring the bacon, and I’m disguised in googly eyes (while forgetting to take off my nametag – so much for a life of crime!) so I can make off with an armload of money, all while a bear wearing tinsel observes. So, you know, standard business conference stuff.
Facts About Me
In case I’m ever the topic of a Jeopardy! category, YOU will be ready.
- I love traveling and have been as far as Australia (twice). I’m especially partial to mountains, waterfalls, and the American Southwest.
- My “vice presidents” are my dogs, Pete and Arthur.
- In the years between SNL famous and Late Night television famous, I had (a very brief) coffee with Jimmy Fallon.
- I’m an attorney (not currently practicing). As such, I have the privilege of volunteering as a Judge with my county’s Teen Court program. It is one of the best experiences I’ve had in my life, and I’ve proudly served in the position for over 10 years.
- Thanks to a book I read every time I went to my grandparents’ house as a child, I have a strong affinity for gnomes, and have many scattered throughout my home and office.
- After becoming lactose intolerant a few years ago, I discovered not only do I not miss cheese, I love pizza without cheese far more than I ever did with it. (And former me would have declared that blasphemy.)
Get practical answers to digital business questions for people who believe in good business and good karma.
Delivered Weekly. No platitudes. No hype. No icks.
But probably pictures of my canine Vice Presidents. Very, very probably.